Review of Park Home / Mobile Home Legislation
The Mobile Homes Act 2013 made significant changes to the law on park homes. The government gave a commitment to review this in 2017.
The review is in the form of a 2 part call for evidence.
Part 1 was published on 12 April 2017 and called for evidence on fairness of charges, the transparency of site ownership and on experience of harassment. A summary of responses to Part 1 has been published.
Part 2 is a call for evidence on:
- how effective local authority licensing has been
- how well the procedures for selling mobile homes, making site rules and pitch fee reviews are working
- whether “fit and proper” controls need to be applied in the sector
- the appropriate index (CPI or RPI) to be used when carrying out a pitch fee review
We are also seeking views on the Park Homes Working Group’s recommendations on how local authorities can be assisted further in their licensing functions.
Find out more about our specialist park home insurance.
- Queens Platinum Jubilee 2022 01/06/2022
- Parksure’s Very Own YouTube Channel 09/05/2022
- May Day Bank Holiday 29/04/2022
- Happy Easter – Easter Bank Holiday Opening Hours 08/04/2022
- Parksure’s Top Tips – Preparing for Storms and Storm Damage 30/03/2022